Whether you are looking for a spa like experience in your home or want to increase your home’s value before you list for sale, shower remodels are a great way to spruce up a bathroom. With many products on the market designed to provide simple, retrofit solutions for existing shower spaces, the options are limitless. Shower design ideas can be overwhelming, which is why we have selected our top 3 design ideas to get the process started.
1. Shower Heads
All shower heads are not created equally. Some are meant to spray and some are meant to transform a bathroom into a spa like oasis. With so many shower head options to choose from, it is important to first decide which style works best for your household.
- Wall mounted and fixed, these shower heads are the most common and can come with multiple spray options.
- Attached to the wall with a bracket and long hose, handheld shower heads may be removed from the bracket and used for a more flexible shower experience.
- Designed to create a spa like experience, rainshower heads are typically larger and deliver a relaxing spray.
Investing in the ideal shower head can be the difference between a shower design that is simply aesthetic and one that is functional as well.
2. Shower Enclosures
Redesigning your shower should include renovating or replacing the existing shower enclosure. Clean, crisp shower enclosures in grays, blues, or whites evoke a peaceful, serene mood that will prolong the relaxation that comes with a nice, hot shower.
Opting for an enclosure that includes shower wall panels is a smart choice. Shower walls are durable, easy to maintain, and grout free. Shower enclosures that are comprised of shower wall panels can be quickly and easily installed and include hundreds of fabulous color and design options.
3. Digital Controls
Technology has reached the shower with the introduction of digital controls such as the iShower from Riobel. Digital control panels may be mounted within or just outside of the shower and allow complete customization of the shower experience.
- With the touch of a button, your shower will be waiting for you at the perfect temperature.
- Whether you desire a harder, muscle relaxing flow after the gym or a soothing, soft stream of water, digital controls will regulate your perfect shower. Add additional shower heads for a multi-sensory experience.
- Limiting time in the shower is easy when you are able to program the duration of your shower.
Rainforest, spa showers can now be created with user friendly control panels or remotes designed to fully customize shower time.
Showers are not what they used to be with the introduction of multiple types of shower heads, shower enclosures, and technology. It is simple for everyone to enjoy the relaxing hydrotherapy benefits of spas within your own home. A few simple shower renovations can transform your existing bathroom space into an environment conducive to unwinding at the end of a long and stressful day. And with high quality products, maintenance and upkeep are a breeze.