Nothing beats a steamy soak or shower in the comfort of your spa inspired bathroom. Regardless of the size or shape of the bathroom space, creating a cozy, comfortable bathroom makes a big difference in any home. Investing money and effort into creating a cozy bathroom will not only create enjoyable experiences for years to come, but will also increase the resale value of the home. Whether you have a limited bathroom remodel budget or are going all in on a complete renovation, the following ideas will get you started.
Cater to the Senses
Stepping into a bathroom that smells fresh, clean, and relaxing is what we expect from upscale resorts and spas. Create the same luxury experience by appealing to the senses.
- Candles. By arranging scented candles, preferably lavender and other fresh, invigorating scents, the bathroom will have an enticing look, feel, and smell.
- Bath Oils. Including bath oils in a small arrangement by the tub induces a feeling of relaxation.
- Soap. Offering the choice of custom soaps creates a luxury bath time experience.
- Bath salts. Known to moisturize the skin and fill the air with relaxing scents, bath salts are the perfect addition to a cozy bathroom.
- Music. If your home does not offer a central audio system, it is simple to either install or place a speaker that may be connected to a personal mobile device.
- Ambient Lighting. Installing non-fluorescent lighting in the form of sconces or other non-direct, soft lighting creates an intimate atmosphere that induces relaxation after a long day. Adding a dimmer is another way to create atmosphere in a cozy bathroom.
Make Use of Accessories
Using a variety of textures and materials can transform any bathroom into a tranquil, cozy bathroom space. If you are ready to refresh your bathroom and create a relaxing retreat, the following accessories can help.
- Organic Materials. Using a mixture of flowers, plants, stones, woods, and other natural, organic materials creates a meditative, soulful bathroom experience. These materials used throughout the space will invite guests to a fresh space. Using wood mirror frames, rather than more modern ones inspires a natural setting for bath and shower time.
- Flooring. Placing thick, exceedingly soft bath rugs within the bathroom space will soften the room and will fell luxurious on freshly soaked feet.
- Bath Towels. Nothing reminds guests of a peaceful spa quite like the resort style towels that accompany them. Investing in plush, over sized spa towels will add comfort to the cozy bathroom.
- Reading Materials. Your cozy bathroom is meant for relaxing. Providing magazines and well chosen books will ensure that hours of relaxation will be experienced in the cozy bathroom. And don’t forget the bamboo bathtub caddy to prevent the magazines from getting wet while you soak.
If your bathroom is ready for a complete overhaul, there are many remodeling options available for creating the ultimate cozy bathroom space. Installing upgraded shower heads with massaging jets delivers the ultimate spa-like experience. Deciding on a rain forest style shower head is another way to replicate the look and feel of a spa. Radiant floor heating and heated towel rails keep guest toasty and comforted during winter months. And, if your bathroom does not already have an over sized shower, now is the time to install one. The look and feel of a frameless shower space provides the total spa like experience with an open and airy design. The glass door is perfect for a small existing shower upgrade. For additional shower design inspiration, explore Utile Shower Wall Panels.
At the end of the day, no other room in the house has the potential to provide as much upscale relaxation as a cozy bathroom. Spa like amenities are no longer reserved for the spa alone when you take the time to create your own cozy bathroom to enjoy.